Kiehl's Since 1851
amfAR Donors to Match Funds Raised on CrowdRise by Celebrity Riders in the 6th Kiehl's LifeRide for amfAR
First $52,000 Donated for HIV/AIDS Research by August 15 will be Matched in Challenge Grant
New York, Aug. 6, 2015 - Kiehl's Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin and hair care, and amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, have announced that a group of committed amfAR donors, including Barry Skovgaard, Michael Dittbenner, and John Bradfield, have generously agreed to match all fundraising efforts made toward the sixth annual Kiehl's LifeRide for amfAR Crowdrise page, up to $52,000.
The 6th annual LifeRide for amfAR began in Denver on August 3 and continues through Utah and the deserts of Nevada, before motoring west to the Pacific and ending in San Diego on August 15. Led by Kiehl's President Chris Salgardo and amfAR Chief Executive Officer Kevin Robert Frost, the LifeRide also includes celebrities and other influential motorcycle enthusiasts including Vanessa Marcil, Gilles Marini, Teddy Sears, Tricia Helfer, Kristy Swanson, Grant Reynolds, Jay Ellis, Ben Cohen, and Jaime Camil.
As part of the 12-day charity motorcycle ride, people can donate to amfAR by visiting CrowdRise.com/LifeRide2015, and either donating to one of the riders or creating their own fundraising page to share their own story. To date, nearly $20,000 has been raised on CrowdRise to support the riders and the fight for an HIV cure.
"For the past 30 years, AIDS research has been a marathon, but in the last couple of years, it has become a sprint," said Frost. "It's a reflection of the enthusiasm that scientists feel about the research to find a cure. And we are incredibly grateful to this group of generous donors for showing their faith in us by offering to match CrowdRise donations during the Kiehl's LifeRide because without their support, the research wouldn't be possible."
Kiehl's is hosting events at 10 of its retail stores along the route and will donate a total of $150,000 to amfAR over the course of the ride. At each stop, the public is invited to meet the riders, learn more about amfAR, and contribute to the organization. amfAR Global Campaign Chair Sharon Stone will make a special appearance at LifeRide's stop in Santa Monica, Wednesday, August 12, to accept the check for Kiehl's full donation to amfAR.
Those who donate on CrowdRise are also entered to win complimentary flights on Delta Air Lines and tickets to the amfAR Inspiration Gala in Los Angeles in October. Customers who donate will also receive a THANKYOU promo code for a complimentary product with any $30 purchase on Kiehls.com.
The Kiehl's LifeRide for amfAR will make the following stops:
- THURSDAY, AUG. 6
- Kiehl's Fashion Place, 1664 Fashion Place, Murray, UT, 12-1PM
- MONDAY, AUG. 10
- Las Vegas Harley-Davidson®, 5191 S Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV, 1-2:30PM
- Kiehl's at Neiman Marcus, 3200 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV, 3-4PM
- Kiehl's at Forum Shops at Caesars, 3500 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV, 5-6PM
- TUESDAY, AUG. 11
- Kiehl's at Dillard's Downtown Summerlin, 11011 Sage Park Dr., Las Vegas, NV, 11AM-12PM
- WEDNESDAY, AUG. 12
- Kiehl's Santa Monica, 1516 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA, 3-4PM
- THURSDAY, AUG. 13
- Kiehl's at Los Cerritos Center, 274 Los Cerritos Center, Cerritos, CA, 12-1PM
- Kiehl's at South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol St., Costa Mesa, CA, 2-3PM
- FRIDAY, AUG. 14:
- Kiehl's at University Town Center, 4545 La Jolla Village Dr., San Diego, CA, 3-4PM
- San Diego Harley-Davidson®, 4645 Morena Blvd., San Diego, CA. 5-6PM
- SATURDAY, AUG. 15:
- LIFERIDE FINALE! Kiehl's at Fashion Valley, 7007 Friars Rd., San Diego, CA, 12-1PM
If you can't attend an event, follow the ride and send the riders messages on social media, #LifeRide6. Kiehl's is @Kiehls and @KiehlsPrez on Twitter; @KiehlsNYC on Instagram. amfAR is @amfAR on Twitter and Instagram.
To find out more about LifeRide, obtain a schedule of events, or get involved in the fight against HIV/AIDS, please visitwww.Kiehls.com/LifeRide.