Bennah Serfaty, Senior Director of Communications: (212) 806-1607, firstname.lastname@example.org
Louisa Fruehauf, amfAR Media Relations Associate: (212) 806-1632, email@example.com
Andy Gelb, Slate PR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elyse Weissman, Slate PR: email@example.com
LARRY GAGOSIAN and GWYNETH PALTROW Honored at amfAR GALA LOS ANGELES
CHRISTINA AGUILERA Performed
EPK LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8od0tt7p3yjz5oi/AAAIpV5JHP-QkapBFJXwYkrTa?dl=0
Los Angeles, CA, October 11, 2019— Alan Cumming, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Lea Michele, Paris Jackson, and Eva Longoria were among those who gathered last night at MILK for the tenth annual amfAR Gala Los Angeles. The event paid tribute to world-renowned art dealer Larry Gagosian and Academy Award winner and founder and CEO of goop, Gwyneth Paltrow, who were presented with amfAR's Award of Courage in recognition of their commitment to charitable causes including the fight against AIDS. The black-tie dinner and auction benefit culminated in a special performance by music sensation Christina Aguilera. Featuring Perrier-Jouët Champagne and signature Absolut Elyx Vodka cocktails, the event raised more than $1.6 million for amfAR’s lifesaving HIV/AIDS research programs.
Paul Andrew, Bobby Berk, Klaus Biesenbach, Dan Bucatinsky & Don Roos, Cyn, Christine Chiu, Eva Chow, Joy Corrigan, Kristen Crawley, Alexandra Daddario, Pauline Ducruet, Jay Ellis, Brad Falchuk, August Getty, Frankie Grande, Lukas Haas, Emily Hampshire, Colton Haynes, Tricia Helfer, Cheyenne Jackson, Parson James, EJ Johnson, JoJo, Victoria Justice, Ongina & Viktor Luna, Gilles Marini, Lea Michele, Evan Mock, Kathryn Newton, Robbie Robertson, Luka Sabbat, Katee Sackhoff, Cara Santana, Nina Senicar, Serayah, Alexander Von Furstenberg, Rumer Willis, Yuna, and others were also in attendance.
Alan Cumming opened the evening by welcoming guests and reminding them that their support directly impacts research that has the potential to end the AIDS epidemic, which has claimed more than 35 million lives worldwide. Cumming introduced amfAR CEO Kevin Robert Frost, who thanked sponsors and donors for making the evening possible. He also remarked on amfAR’s year of “remarkable progress that has renewed our optimism that we can and will find a cure.”
Music legend Robbie Robertson accepted the amfAR Award of Courage on behalf of Larry Gagosian, commending him for his tremendous generosity and incredible support of amfAR.
Dan Bucatinsky and Don Roos presented Gwyneth Paltrow with the amfAR Award of Courage, speaking about “her capacity for love, and generosity, and courage” in all aspects of her life. In her acceptance speech, Gwyneth Paltrow shared her appreciation for receiving the honor, and said she will continue to strive to live with courage and to support causes that make the world a better place.
The event featured an exciting live auction conducted by Simon de Pury, with exclusive items including:
- An exclusive opportunity to meet Christina Aguilera and attend her The Xperience concert in Las Vegas
- A pair of tickets to attend Prince Albert II of Monaco’s exclusive royal gala during 2020 Oscar week in Los Angeles
- Potted Forest (Study), a gouache, ink, and colored pencil work on paper by Jonas Wood
- WIDW. HYDROPHILY., an acrylic, oil, and cardboard work on canvas by Sterling Ruby
- This That, a dry pigment and acrylic work on paper by Ed Ruscha
- Untitled, a graphite, pastel, colored pencil, and marker work on paper by Thomas Houseago
- river, a shellac ink work on surface Gampi by Mary Weatherford
- A portrait with Gwyneth Paltrow by fashion photographer Eric Ray Davidson, along with a weekend in San Francisco attending both the In Goop Health Wellness Summit and amfAR’s Charity Poker Tournament
- Two tickets to the exclusive Tom Ford runway show during New York fashion week, and a custom made-to-measure Tom Ford suit
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to attend amfAR’s first ever invitation only Thailand benefit, featuring luxury accommodations at COMO Point Yamu and an intimate concert with a Grammy Award-winning international recording artist at the main event on the private island of Koh Rang Noi
- An unforgettable Brazilian Carnaval experience featuring five nights at the Copacabana Palace, VIP Camarote tickets, and tickets to the coveted Copacabana Palace Ball
The evening also featured two outstanding performances. Parson James entertained guests during dinner with powerful renditions of “Stole the Show” and “Sinner Like You.” Christina Aguilera ended the night and had the audience on their feet with a spectacular performance of her chart-topping hits “Ain’t No Other Man,” “It’s a Man’s World,” and “Lady Marmalade.” After the performance, guests attended the after party at Delilah, the exclusive Los Angeles club.
Chairs of the event included Achille Boroli, James Corden, Tom Ford, Thomas Houseago, Stephen Huvane, amfAR Global Fundraising Chairman Milutin Gatsby, Cheyenne Jackson, Paris Jackson, Heidi Klum, Eugenio Lopez, Maurice Marciano, Katy Perry, Alan Poul, Howard and Cindy Rachofsky, amfAR Chairman of the Board William H. Roedy, Julia Roberts, Sterling Ruby, Ed Ruscha, John Terzian, Mary Weatherford, and Jonas Wood.
Pernod Ricard was the Signature Partner, featuring Absolut Elyx Vodka and Perrier-Jouët Champagne. Wines were generously provided by Boroli. Beer generously provided by Heineken.
The amfAR Gala Los Angeles is produced by Josh Wood Productions and managed by STAMP Event Management.
To date, the amfAR Gala Los Angeles has raised more than $15 million for amfAR's life-saving research programs.
For more information, please visit http://amfar.org/LA2019/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is one of the world's leading nonprofit organizations dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education, and advocacy. Since 1985, amfAR has invested nearly $550 million in its programs and has awarded more than 3,300 grants to research teams worldwide.